Friday, October 15, 2010

Twitter Tools - The Secret to Success on Twitter - Part 1

So, is Twitter just a waste of time, or can it help you build your online, or offline, business?
Web 2.0 sites, such as Twitter, Facebook, MySpace etc are certainly big at the moment. Also, Google Buzz has recently arrived on the scene and is starting to make waves. The secret, of course, is to try and find legitimate ways to utilize some, or all, of these tools to grow your business. Something I've been looking at for some time now and finally I've come up with some strategies that have made significant differences to my business.
Now, those of you that know me well, through my coaching, and motivational site at, will know that I like to get to the point. You'll also know that I spend most of my time on coaching rather than Internet Marketing. So, when I start talking about Internet Marketing, it usually involves something big and this is no exception!
OK, so why use Twitter? I'm not one of those people that says you should use something just because it's there! It has to serve a purpose and it has to be effective in terms of both time and cost. Well, Twitter certainly wins in terms of cost... because it's free! Can't argue with that because it won't cost you a dime (or a penny or a cent you choose!).
But what about the time aspect? Does Twitter win on that one as well? To be perfectly honest, until recently, I couldn't work out how to use Twitter in a time-effective way, because each 'Tweet' was simply published once and then, as far as I could see, disappeared into thin air! I simply couldn't find a way of sending 'Tweets' so that they were seen by people at different times of the day... without sitting at my PC all day (and night) and repeatedly sending out the same message... time after time... after time... after time...
I just knew there had to be a better way of doing things, so I decided to do some research and low and behold... there was a multitude of tools available! The trick, of course, was finding one that did everything I wanted, but at a reasonable price or better still free! Now, if you want to go through the same process as me, search Google for 'free twitter tools'. You'll find quite a few! Unfortunately, most of them will only work for accounts with a small number of followers, whereas my top account now boasts well over 14k followers and I now have almost 40k followers in my main accounts. These figures are increasing all the time and bring about substantial visitors to my sites on a daily basis. So, Twitter is definitely working for me, although it is still early as far as I'm concerned!
OK, in a nutshell, this is what I want from any Twitter tool.
  1. The ability to schedule tweets to all of my accounts, either separately or the same tweet to each
  2. The ability to resend tweets at scheduled times
  3. The ability to monitor and maintain my list of followers
  4. The ability to maintain and monitor the list of people I'm following
  5. The ability to build my list of followers and friends (people I'm following) according to specific criteria
There are a few other things I need, but these are the key features I was looking for.
OK, let's look at these in more detail... but not too much, because I know you're a busy person!
1. The ability to schedule tweets to all of my accounts, either separately or the same tweet to each
This is my number one requirement. I have individual Twitter accounts for each area of my online business... Life Coaching, Relationship Coaching, Internet Marketing, etc. So it's essential I can send different 'Tweets' to each account, although sometimes I'll happily send the same 'Tweet' to all of my accounts! Each 'Tweet' you send is displayed on the Twitter site and will also be picked up by your followers (the people following you), so this is a great way of getting your message across to people who have chosen to follow you.
2. The ability to resend tweets at scheduled times
Again, this is crucial. Since Twitter is used worldwide, it's important to be able to send out the same message at different times of the day, so that my followers will pick up my message whatever time they're logged on. Marketing also involves putting your message in front of people as much as you can... without getting to the point of really annoying them, of course! So i needed a tool to do just that!
3. The ability to monitor and maintain my list of followers
A key aspect of Twitter is finding people interested in the same issues as yourself. As an Internet Marketer, for instance, I look for like-minded people on Twitter, follow them and hope they then follow me... we can then exchange ideas and hopefully I can sell some useful products to them! Look, this is business! Now, all of this could be a time consuming process... with a tool to help you along the way!
4. The ability to maintain and monitor the list of people I'm following
This is pretty important too... mainly because Twitter doesn't like you following lots of people if you don't also have a similar number of followers... or indeed loads more followers. this does puzzle me slightly, but I'm in no position to argue, so I just have to get on with it. anyway, no figures are published, but it seems that once you get to following about 2000 people, you need to have at least 1800 followers or you won't be allowed to follow any more people. This is a distinct disadvantage, since one of the best ways to get followers is to follow someone else... because they will then often reciprocate and follow you! See how this works? Good!
5. The ability to build my list of followers and friends (people I'm following) according to specific criteria
Again this is important... and basically works like this. I look for people with the same interests as me or people looking for services or products that I offer. I then become their friend (follow them) and hope they reciprocate and follow me. We can then build a relationship through Twitter.
Now... wouldn't it be great if you could find a tool to automate these and a few other processes?
Well, I have some great news for you! Click here to take a look at the only tool you'll ever need to make Twitter really work for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment